Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF)
- Subscribe to Recreation Grants Programs updates from Michigan DNR
- DNR awards $695,500 in Land and Water Conservation Fund grants to support local communities' park improvements
- 2013 LWCF Grant Recommendations
- The LWCF Program provides matching grants to States and local governments for the acquisition and development of public outdoor recreation areas and facilities. The program is intended to create and maintain a nationwide legacy of high quality recreation areas and facilities and to stimulate non-federal investments in the protection and maintenance of recreation resources across the United States.
Note: For eligibility, Natural Resources Trust Fund and Land and Water Conservation Fund grants require approved 5-year recreation plans. Make sure yours is up-to-date or that you provide a 5-year plan by March 1, 2013.
- Recognition signs are now available for the Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund and the Land and Water Conservation Fund.
5-Year Recreation Plan Guidlines
Grants Management Staff