Public School AccountingThis office coordinates the development of the Michigan School Accounting Manual which provides public schools with a consistent method for recording financial accounting transactions. The office is also responsible for processing financial data from the public school for use in various financial publications and state/federal reports:
- Michigan School Accounting Manual>
- Federal Financial Accounting for Local and State School Systems
- Competitive Bid Threshold Letter - Letter regarding change in base amount of competitive bids for construction and procurement of supplies. This letter also includes information regarding changes to the base amount above which ISD travel expenses must be posted on ISD website, and caps on ISD gift and award amounts. This correspondence is annually published by MDE following the release of August CPI by the US Bureau of Labor during the third week of September.
- Statewide Prohibition Against Iran-Linked Businesses
- Account Codes for State School Aid Revenues - Major Class codes and State Codes associated with various State School Aid Sections